If you are using the search tool box on the Twitter web or the app, sure you may find a quick result for a particular keyword but is that enough?
Brands, who market their products and services via social media sites like Twitter, need abundant research and information to obtain results. The advanced search option of Twitter is one such area which has been neglected by most marketers. Oblivious of its power, they are missing out on features which help to increase the brand value, find new customers and monitor feedback.
Knowing the Difference
The search box available in Twitter web and app will provide you limited information on a subject. Finding your exact need through this method may cause you a headache. Thankfully, Twitter’s advanced search page can solve all the problems.
Go to twitter.com/advanced-search or just click on it on the left side of your Twitter search screen. You will find all the list of options you can use to narrow down your results. Following are the broad variety of advanced search options.
1. Words – Type in one or more relevant keywords of your choice, search using a phrase or find all the tweets categorised under a hashtag. You can specify what your search result must not have or must have. For example, type in on the do not search box “HTTP” and it will exclude all the tweets with links on them.
2. People – Find any individual you want with this Twitter feature. Whether it is a mutual connection of yours or those accounts, who are being mentioned by someone. Target out the accounts in your genre of work, with whom you wish to engage.
3. Place – Find those tweets which are published from a location of your choice. Also, find accounts of those staying nearby or in a particular area.
4. Date – All the tweets you wish to read on a given date can be obtained through this. Twitter’s vast directory stores each tweet from the past, and this makes it easier to access them.
5. Others – Point out the tone of your search results, whether it be positive or negative. Also, tweets which include questions can be found through this.
How to UN-tap the Potential of Twitter’s Advanced Search
Now, that we know the different sets of choices we can use to find any result in Twitter, let’s analyse how digital marketers can dig out gold from this.
Find Relevant Conversations
Type in the exact keywords you want to search and see relevant content. Join the conversation by providing insightful and expert answers.
Monitor Popular Tweets on a Topic
Find the most shared and engaged with tweets on your targeted topic. This way you can understand what is trending in your and what people like about the post.
Find the Posts of a Particular Account
Advanced search options allow us to find tweets of only those accounts which we want to view. This makes it easier to keep track on your rival brand’s endeavors. For example, use operators like marketing from: Forbes to find relevant marketing posts by Forbes on Twitter.
Monitor What People Talk about Your Brand
Use your brands name as a keyword and find out the opinions and feedback of users. The products and services which they want or query they want you to solve. It becomes much easier with this.
Monitor the Feeling of Your Customers
One great of finding the positive or negative responses of your consumers is via twitter’s advanced search. This way you can differentiate between the bad reviews and compliments.
Answer Questions in Your Genre of Expertise
Tweets having a question mark can also be sorted out. Find related questions under your field and answer them. This increases both engagement and influence.
Save Your Searches
Finding the right combination of search requires patience and extensive research. Analyse your requirements and filter out all the irrelevant search additions to have the best possible results. Now finding the same combination can be tiresome on a regular basis. With the help of saved search, you can save any information and can find it easily later on.
Find Tweets and Accounts according to Location
Make sure to turn on your location feature to utilize this. Twitter helps find content published nearby or an account nearby. This helps in finding potential customers from an area which has more interest in a particular product.
Find Potential Customers
Expand your business opportunities and find new audiences with the exact keyword search. Type the search term “looking for” and an additional keyword under your genre. You will find potential users looking for services which you can provide them. Engage with them and increase your customer base.
Explore Different Search Results
Although clicking on everything may be the most preferred choice, but this becomes difficult to keep track of. The categorization helps find information about your typed keyword into different parts.
1. Everything – All the information stacked together.
2. People – Find all the accounts related to your written word. For example searching for digital marketing will show Mashable on top of the people’s list.
3. Photos – Find the photos linked with your search word.
4. Videos – Same as pictures, find videos linked with your search word.
5. News – View all the news information under that specified phrase or word.
6. Timelines – It details all the related lists and collections created by users.
7. People you follow – Find information only from those individuals whom you follow on Twitter.
8. People near you – Find information from the individual accounts nearby your location.
Search What People Say
Instead of searching for terms, marketers should understand what users say and implement that on the search box. For example “recommend” term can be used to find people asking for a recommendation on a topic. Provide your advice and knowledge with them to be viewed as an expert in this field. This will result in increasing leads.
Connect with Influencers
Influence’s’ Marketing should be the top priority for every business. Finding the correct influences requires useful search options. Connect with them, build a trust and ask them to promote your content. Boom! Your sales graph is on the rise.
To book an appointment, click here